HowLovelyisThyRoseHowLovelyisThyRose

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats 11 Fans

All 13 art Reviews

Sister Friede Sister Friede

This is very beautiful! You're very good at shading cloth. However, I feel that the piece is too soft. The lights and darks are too close. A little cheat I'd recommend is editing the photo of the drawing and playing with the contrast and brightness of the photo. Editing a picture of your art can be a life saver if you have bad lighting or if you don't have a professional grade camera. But, again, this is gorgeous!

XantyLeger responds:

Thanks for the tip ^^ I will definitely try it.
Camera is a spot on guess, since I don't have a good camera right now everything is done with my phone, which is... horrible.

Succubus Succubus

Wait, wait... WHAT IS THAT LEG?!!! Everything else is pretty good, except the hand reaching out is pretty big, but that could be a style choice. The lines and coloring and such are wonderful, but that leg looks mangled...

PsychoMonki responds:

Live and learn!

Spike and Julia. Cowboy bebop Spike and Julia. Cowboy bebop

I love this! It's perfect!

nakatan-the-seer responds:

Thank you!

Acid Village Acid Village

It's so vibrant! The messy looking pen actually gives it character, though I'm a bit biased. I like a rough looking aesthetic. I dunno why. But it's amazing!

CoconutMoose responds:

Thank you! I actually bought cheap pens for the texture, but some of them were giving me trouble and took more pressure to work which was annoying. At least I got the scratchiness I was looking for.

Cool FUCK 2.0 Cool FUCK 2.0

I can't give this piece enough stars for how awesome I think it is.

SouredApple responds:

*bloosh* T-Thanks!

Mating season Mating season

Oh, shut up. This is AMAZING!

Lizertdesign responds:

Well thanks :) i almost never take time to "polish" a piece as much as i did for this, lost some of the perspective though, i'll do better next time, i promise.

My Mascot Probably My Mascot Probably

Hun... I'm gonna be real frank, for your sake. It's cute, confusing, and bad. The proportions are actually quite nice for that style. However, there's no sense of contrast or a background or any colors or textures to give it interest. It needs to be cleaned up. The posing is very awkward. Quite honestly, if you'd drawn this digitally, it probably would've turned out a lot better. Also... The DA watermark is overbearing and ugly, making it a million times worse. Make your own, unique watermark. I bet it'd look much better with just that. Look up basic anatomy, basic color theory, gesture drawing, perspective, shading, that kind of thing. Learn basic realism first. It doesn't have to be hyper-realistic. It'll just REALLY help in the future. And remember... don't quit drawing. If you quit, you lose the skills you've already acquired and you can't learn anymore. I know you can do better. Keep practicing.

NikolasDouble responds:

Thank you and i had to upload this from deviantart sadly because i couldn't find the original pic without it... but thanks for the advice ^^

Jeanne from Vanitas no carte Jeanne from Vanitas no carte

You have potential. Art is not just about good anatomy. Hell, you could even have somewhat bad anatomy and make a piece look amazing! It's all about how you present your piece. The lines need to be cleaned up. There's little to no shading or contrast between dark and light. And add some color! Never be afraid of color and if you need help determining what colors go with what, look up basic color theory. Also, don't be afraid of adding more backgrounds to really set the mood you want the viewer to have when they see your art. Try practicing gesture drawings and perspective. Look up some youtube videos if you must. And try to make the faces and such more symmetrical. If you have to, flip over your paper and hold it up to a light source to see if it looks right. And if you can, I'd highly suggest investing into getting a drawing tablet. Even if you prefer traditional, drawing digitally really helps you get a feel for coloring, clean lines, shading, and layering. But keep drawing! I see that you draw a lot, which is very good because it helps you develop your skills much faster!

Purity Purity

It almost looks traditional! I love the style and the rough aspect of it! It gives this piece a lot of character and his expression and pose are very well done. The only things I'll nitpick about are the length of the arms (little bit short) and the fact that the water doesn't seem to splash against him. It kinda blends into his body, but some highlights showing where the water stops and his skin begins would fix that. Great job!

PulsingSoul responds:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my artwork! It helped me a lot and I'll make sure to fix the issues in the next drawings!

Starry sky - a Princess and her Dragon Starry sky - a Princess and her Dragon